To view the 2023 Scholarship Video click here.
Click here to view the complete list of 2023 Scholarship awardees.
SSA Foundation Scholarship Program
The SSA Foundation awards scholarships to deserving employees of national SSA members and their families. Scholarship awards range from $2,500 to $10,000. Since its inception the SSAF Scholarship program has awarded over one million dollars to students affiliated with the self storage industry.
To be eligible to apply you must be:
- an employee of a national member of the Self Storage Association or is related to an employee (child, grandchild, spouse). Must be employed a minimum of one year.
- enrolled part-time (6 credit hours) or full-time (12 credit hours) in an undergraduate program at an accredited postsecondary, 2-year, 4-year or vocational institution.
- have a cumulative grade point average of “C” or a 2.0 GPA on a 4 point scale.
- a citizen of the United States.
SSAF is now accepting scholarship applications.
All applications are due no later than midnight EST, February 1, 2024
IMPORTANT SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- All prior scholarship winners must re-apply to be considered for the 2024 SSAF Scholarship Award.
- A valid SSA National Member ID is required. If you don’t know your ID number, please contact us at SSAFS@selfstorage.org.
- Submit your completed 2024 scholarship application by February 1, 2024 via e-mail to: SSAFS@selfstorage.org.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
ATTENTION SSA NATIONAL MEMBER HR STAFF:
SSA is looking to you to share information regarding the SSAF Scholarship with your employees. As a SSA National Member your staff and their families are eligible to apply. Share with them the most valuable SSA benefit they are not useing.
We've created a HR Tool Kit to use to share information with your staff. Feel free to download any of the items below to spread the word.
E-mail graphic to share with staff.
- Post Flyer in Employee Breakrooms
- Use banner ad in companywide emails to employees that highlight this great benefit
- Include Flyer in Employee Benefit renewal packets
- Use Flyer in Employee Newsletters
- Link application to all promotional info