Research & Data
Research & Data
SSA takes pride in providing members with fresh research and data. We continue to outpace the industry in terms of generating new research and cutting edge information programs. SSA data studies are revolutionizing the way owner-operators and managers look at this industry.
The 2020 Self Storage Demand Study
This 2020 edition of the SSA’s Self Storage Demand Study tells us who uses self storage, how and why and most importantly projects future demand. It helps us to understand the current incidence of usage and how it is tied to area demographic characteristics. It provides us with a point of view on what drives demand, with insights on how customers use self storage. Over 280 pages with hundreds of tables and graphs packed with information you won’t get anywhere else. Sold electronically. Member: $350 / Non-Member: $500
Read more about the Demand Study here
Buy it TODAY
See a sample of the 2020 Demand Study here
2020 Self Storage Demand Study Mapping/Query Tool
The 2020 Self Storage Demand Study Mapping (or Query) Tool takes the data sets from all four SSA Demand Studies (2005, 2007, 2013, 2017 and 2020) and puts them into a searchable and comparable format. Sold electronically, via email, in an Excel Macros file format. Sold electronically. Member: $500 / Non-Member: $750
Buy it TODAY
Reis Data Reports
Reis information and analytical tools provide coverage of Self Storage properties in 125 major United States metropolitan markets and 477 submarkets. Reis market reports are made possible by the quarterly participation of SSA member facilities - over 10,000 self storage facilities.
These reports provide investors, lenders, developers, industry analysts, and self storage facility owners and operators, with the critical market intelligence that they require in order to make superior asset and portfolio level decisions. Self storage professionals can have access to current and comprehensive market information from a nationally-recognized provider with nearly 40-years of expertise.
Available reports include:
**NEW** Report Pricing:
- Enhanced Rent Comparables: Easily identify the most competitive Self Storage properties and filter your results by distance from the subject, rent range, vacancy percentage, number of units, gross leasable area, owner and more.
- Every Comp, Everywhere: Access Sales Comparables for all of the most recent Self Storage transactions and filter your results by the buyer, seller, sale date, purchase price and more.
- New Construction Pipeline: As the Self Storage sector confronts the possibility of oversupply—the tracking of new construction projects from proposal to completion is critical. Filter Reis’s New Construction Comparables by construction status, expected completion date, and more to stay on top of incoming supply.
- Metro and Submarket Reports: Actionable metro and submarket intelligence provides visibility into the past, present, and future for markets, submarkets, regions and the nation.
- Non-Members / Non-Participants: $300 per report
- SSA Members / Non-Participants: $200 per report (33% discount)
- SSA Member Participants: $150 per report (50% discount)
- Bulk discount pricing available - call (703) 575-8000 x 108 for details
View a market report sample
See the markets we cover
Order your market report today
Yardi® Matrix Self Storage is the industry’s leading market intelligence platform for originating, pre-underwriting and managing assets for profitable loans and investments. Subscribers get access to property-level data for more than 27,000 storage facilities in 135 markets across the U.S.
- Complete new supply pipeline information at the asset, competitive set and market level
- In place loans and expirations - construction, permanent and CMBS
- Full ownership and management information
- Complete site-level information
- Rents by storage unit size and rent comparable reporting
- Property sales information and sale comparable reporting
- Patented property improvement and location ratings systems
VIEW A SAMPLE REPORT HERE
If you have any questions, please contact Yardi Matrix by calling 480.663.1149 or email
Find out more HERE