April 6, 2020
The enterprises that gather under the Self Storage Association’s umbrella have each faced unique challenges over the past few weeks; we understand that all of you have experienced disruptions on a previously unforeseen scale.
We appreciate particularly that without the technical advancements many vendors have engineered over the past two decades, today’s business continuity would be severely compromised. You are the innovators that have inspired our remarkable progress in automation, security and remote management.
- The SSA is the only organization working to protect the interests of the self storage industry nationally. Thank you for encouraging our advocacy work; the continued health of the sector that you serve is critical to everyone.
- Over the past three weeks, unexpected regulatory consequences of this crisis with the potential to upset the wellbeing of self storage have emerged regularly. In many cases information provided by vendors have assisted our government relations response.
- The financial support that you provide by participating with the SSA is a vital component of our ability to protect the sector.
SSA 2020 Spring Conference & Trade Show
We are all disappointed with the unavoidable cancellation of our Spring Conference & Trade Show in San Antonio. Although the big picture today makes the cancellation seem trivial, we recognize that this void in the trade show schedule uniquely affects the vendors and suppliers.
- Refunds and credits towards future conferences have been processing smoothly. Your patience with this “quick turn” has demonstrated your commitment to the SSA and our industry.
- Those who had contracted with Freeman Show Services should have received an email directly from them. If not, or If you have additional questions, please contact Freeman’s Customer Support team at CustomerSupport@Freeman.com.
State Association Meetings
- All conferences managed by the SSA through the end of May have been cancelled or postponed.
- The SSA will be releasing a schedule of regional, combined state association meetings intended to replace several of the state events in an effort to encourage reasonable travel schedules later in the year.
- We will endeavor to work with state associations everywhere to avoid conflicts in order to help all everyone take advantage of gatherings wherever it makes sense for you.
We have been overwhelmed by the support of the national Self Storage Association and are grateful that you always find value in our gatherings. For now, please be safe and mark your calendars for our future events.
- Las Vegas – September 8-11, 2020
- Nashville – March 10-12, 2021
- Las Vegas – September 7-10, 2021
- Orlando – March 9-11, 2022
- Las Vegas – September 6-9, 2022
- New Orleans – March 8-10, 2023
- Las Vegas – September 5-8, 2023
SSA President & CEO