Search
  • Yardi

  • Janus-500x177

  • af1-wings-8


Wednesday, November 13, 2019
You are here : Blog

SSA Blog

©2019 by the Self Storage Association (SSA). SSA and SSA Magazine are trademarks of the Self Storage Association, Inc. Opinions expressed by authors and other contributors do not necessarily reflect those of the SSA, publisher or editors, nor do they represent the policy or positions of the SSA. Information contained within articles should not be construed as the primary basis for legal or investment decisions.

RSS
Smaller Self Storage Operators: Leveraging A Vertical Strategy As Your Marketing and Operations Differentiator
In the self storage industry, it is estimated that approximately 12% of facilities are owned by publicly-traded REITs. The other 88% of facilities are mostly owned by small and mid-sized operators.
Read More
| Categories: Marketing, Operations | View Count: (2923)
How to Optimize the Value of Social Media in Your Self Storage Marketing Plan
Social media is crucial to every marketing plan no matter the industry. With more than 2.1 billion people online, you must capitalize on where your audience spends the most time.
Read More
| Categories: Marketing | View Count: (3539)
The Five Types of Relationships That Made Me Successful in Self Storage
When I walked into the fall Self Storage Association (SSA) trade show in Las Vegas in 1996, I wasn’t an owner yet. I was a broker with an interest in self storage. The atmosphere was electric.
Read More
| Categories: Marketing, Operations, Self Storage Vendors | View Count: (2868)
17

Self Storage Not Wanted!

posted on
Self Storage Not Wanted!
First it was Mayor DeBlazio supporting no self storage development in the Industrial Business Zones in New York. Next came the moratorium in Florida prohibiting self storage development along Highway 41.
Read More
| Categories: Legislative / Regulatory | View Count: (2955)
17

Limitation of Value of Stored Property

posted on
Limitation of Value of Stored Property
On December 17, 2014 an Illinois Circuit court judge ruled that a limitation of value provision in a container storage agreement violates public policy and was not enforceable. The judge’s ruling greatly expanded the mobile storage operator’s potential liability for damages.
Read More
| Categories: Legal, Legislative / Regulatory | View Count: (2645)
IRS Warns Businesses to Beware of W-2 Phishing Scam
The Internal Revenue Service has renewed its warning about an email fraud that uses a corporate officer’s name to request employee Forms W-2 from company payroll or human resources departments.
Read More
| Categories: Operations | View Count: (2317)
09

America’s Smallest Self Storage REIT

posted on
America’s Smallest Self Storage REIT
When most people think of publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT), they think of billion dollar companies with hundreds or even thousands of properties. Public Storage and Extra Space Storage are two companies that come to mind in the self storage industry.
Read More
| Categories: | View Count: (4675)
06

Limited Lines Licensing for Self Storage

posted on
Limited Lines Licensing for Self Storage
Over twenty states currently include a limited lines insurance program that specifically allows self storage operators to obtain an insurance license to sell tenant insurance (for loss or damage to stored goods) directly to their customers and to be entitled to receive a commission for the sale.
Read More
| Categories: Legal, Legislative / Regulatory | View Count: (4281)
17

Tenant Lease Termination

posted on
Even though self storage facilities are constantly working to increase their occupancies, sometimes a self storage operator must make the decision to terminate the lease of a paying tenant. It may be that the tenant is using the rented space in violation of the rental agreement’s use provision or maybe the tenant is belligerent to the managers.
Read More
| Categories: Legal | View Count: (14792)
California Supreme Court Rules on Employee Rest Breaks
Most California employees are entitled to two 10 minute rest breaks when working an eight hour shift. One question that has not been addressed is whether workers who are taking a rest break may be “on call” to respond to the occasional situation that requires their attention.
Read More
| Categories: Legal, Legislative / Regulatory | View Count: (2892)
Page 9 of 10 First 678[9]10 Last
  • Resize New G5Full Co...

  • resizeAMNC Logo

  • Havener Skyscraper A...

  • SSA Skyscraper Ad

  • SSA-2017-USCWebsiteA...

  • USC-WebAd-SSA-260pxb...

  • SSAWebsiteAd4 (003)

  • Sentinel-260x110

  • DOMICO_260x110

  • Baja-Construction-Ba...